How to Obtain a Pass
Click on the link below in the Department of Veterans Affairs Website.
Click on "Obtain Your Attendance Pass" You will need to set up an Account and then you can register.
- Back to Caulfield Event 2nd Saturday in August 2017 at Caulfield Racecourse commemorating Beersheba Centenary.
- 2017 Laying up of the 4th Light Horse Gidon at the Shrine of Remembrance around 31st Oct 2017 (exact date to be confirmed)
- Light Horse and Field Artillery Museum - Nar Nar Goon - A lifetime's work by Bernie Dingle has been closed down due to OH&S issues. He needs assistance to make this valuable contribution to the Lighthorse viable once again.
- Go Fund me website:https://www.gofundme.com/lighthorse-field-artilery-museum-2vwenwbcutm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=campaign_link_t&utm_campaign=welcome
- You Tube of Interview with Channel 9 News: https://youtu.be/Bw0jwLzihMk
- Mildura - Parade in the streets for the 100th Anniversary working with the Mayor, counsellors and local schools.
NEW SOUTH WALES
- 2016 Sunday Oct 30th 2.30pm. A commemoration service will be held at Remount Park, Light Horse Parade, Holsworthy. Enquiries Greg Whitehead 0411 852 367
- The Jewish museum in Sydney will host an exhibition in 2017 for the Light horse.
LIGHTHORSE MARCH - BARCALDINE - ILFRACOMBE - LONGREACH - WINTON
16th September 2017 - 23rd September 2017
- 100 horses
- Mounted Parades
- Charge Re-enactments
- Art Exhibition
- Light Horse History
- Stockman Hall of Fame
- Bladensberg National Park
- On the weekend of the 4th or 5th of November 2017, there will be a parade and weapons demonstration in Hobart.
- In 2016 the Australian Light Horse "Association Cup" is on the 28th-30th October at the Perth Royal showgrounds, Claremont, WA. This is to recreate the December 1914 10th Light horse regiment's march from Guilford to Claremont.
Suggestions for Beersheba 100 Celebrations - Australia
We are hoping to see many celebrations all around Australia and New Zealand on this day, including:
- Light Horse parades through towns and cities
- a live webcast of the events in Israel (e.g. Martin Place, Federation Square)
- screenings of Light Horse movies
- special exhibitions
- media articles
- smaller events organised by our recruits in various places
We want to see the nation rejoice in the victories, and embrace courage, mateship, perseverance and sacrifice as honourable values to which our people can aspire. Our heroes need to be people who have accomplished something of value and honour.
It is also hoped that by teaching the history of the Partition plan (see History tab) that people will gain a greater understanding of the Middle East region and be willing to be ambassadors for truth.
- New Zealand WW1 recruitment poster - web Google Kia Ora Cooee Comrades. "The New Zealand Electronic Text Collection" http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-corpuskiaOraCooee. Australian War Memorial ART94747.